Be certified as an advanced diver under a leading diving organization (PADI, SSI, etc)
Demonstrate proper diving ability at an Advanced Level and be proficient in buoyancy and self-awareness.
Complete the invertebrate survey of the Koh Tao Ecological Monitoring Program
Understand the importance, ecology, and threats to giant clam populations locally and around the globe
Learn techniques to survey and monitor local giant clam populations
Learn techniques involving the use and maintenance of in-sea giant clam nurseries
- Attend 1 Giant Clam Lecture
- Perform 1 survey dive specifically taking data on Giant Clam Abundance/Density, Diversity, and size distribution
- Take data on giant clam growth and mortality at the in-sea nurseries
- Perform general maintenance duties during 1 dive at the giant clam nurseries
- Complete the final quiz
- Enter data into the NHRCP database
Expected course time about 8 hours
This certification recognizes participants of the NHRCP for their learning and skill development while participating in the RCP Program. The price for NHRCP Students and Interns is just 500 baht per card, If you are interested in receiving this certification but are not a current NHRCP student please contact us for pricing.
View our list of Conservation Projects in the top menu or click here to find out more about our efforts to monitor and restore local Giant Clam Populations.